Monday, August 23, 2010

Sickly Stockton Siblings

Well, the one thing I have been dreading has finally happened.  Two sick, uncomfortable, demanding kids at once!  I remember when I was pregnant with Noah and Gracie got sick, thinking to myself, "What am I going to do when I have 2 and they are both sick?!"  Grace and Noah are both really congested which means that they aren't comfortable enough to lay down and sleep.  This equals one very exhausted mom!  It just hit me that I don't have a clue why I am blogging when I should be sleeping right now, while the kids are!  Oh well, they'll probably be awake soon anyways... Grace has been a little more high maintenance about the whole thing.  Noah is fine until he wants to sleep, then he realizes he can't breathe and gets upset.  Noah has always been such a good sleeper, which is why I never felt the extreme exhaustion of having a newborn but I'm feeling it now!  Anyways, praying that this cold is not the kind that lingers forever (probably is)!

My baby girl will be turning 2 on Wednesday!  I just can't believe that it has already been two years since I had her.  I still remember the feeling of surprise at finding out I was pregnant and the excitement of knowing everything was going to change.  I had no idea how much better life could get!  I love that feisty little bundle of energy!

One thing I'm trying to figure out is when Grace decided it was okay to stop calling me mommy.  She calls me mom now.  I really don't like it.  I like being "mommy".   Why didn't she ask me what I wanted?

2 comments:

Jenna said...

You are so funny Ashley, Gracie sounds like such a little smarty. What a sweetheart but that does kinda make you sad when they stop calling you mommy. I'm so sorry that they are both sick, that is the worst. I hope they both feel better soon so you can all get some rest!

Matt and Hilary said...

Aw, I'm sorry your kiddos are sick, that is the worst! I'm right there with ya on that mom thing... Cash just started doing that too and it makes me sad. There little voices are so cute when they say "Mommy!" Maybe it is the age??? I hope your kids get better soon!