Wednesday, August 11, 2010

For I know the plans I have for you...

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD , “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I love that verse, and read it continuously when I start to stress.  Sometimes I just wish that the Lord would reveal His plans for me--to me!  I don't really know what I'm supposed to be doing right now.  I have been trying to set up a daycare for a while now but every time it looks like it'll work out, something happens and it all falls through.  It's happened so many times, I'm starting to think that daycare is not what the Lord wants me to do. That or I just haven't found the right family yet.  I do know that I need to figure out something, financially speaking.  The thought of going back to work makes me so physcially sick that I want to throw up.  I don't mind working.  Infact I love having all the adult interaciton and have loved the last 2 jobs I have had; teaching and working at Guthrie but I cannont cannot cannot bear the thought of leaving my kids.  On top of all that, daycare is so expensive for 2 kids, it would almost cancel out working!

So what do I do?  I wish I could just have a one-on-one talk with God and he could tell me loud and clear what his plans are for me.  What can I do to make money that does not involve leaving my kids with a sitter?!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I totally understand how you feel, I think every mom struggles with this. We love staying home but at the same time want to work to make money but don't want to miss anything with our kids! I'm sure you'll be able to find someone's kids to watch soon! Thanks for your comment the other day, really helped :)

Erin and Donny said...

I feel the same way Ashley. I've been looking for a job-submitting my application everywhere, and interviewing......still no job. I actually think it's God telling me I should stay home and be w/ Branson. God knows that I want to stay home, it's just hard to feel that I don't contribute to the monetary income of the family. I think with everything we go through being women and trying to "do it all" God smacks us back into place and tells us to "wait...and see what I have in store for you".