Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Amazing Grace

Today my little baby is 2 years old.  (Tears are coming)  How did she get to be 2?  I feel like I just had her!  We spent last weekend celebrating her birthday.  We took her to Build A Bear to make her very own Knuffle Bunny.  Knuffle Bunny is one of Gracie's favorite books and everytime we get finish reading the book she asks, "Where's my Knuffle Bunny?"  We thought it would be fun to take her and let her pick out her very own.  She had a blast there and had very high standards on the bunny and clothes she wanted.  Daddy had to dress Knuffle Bunny a few times before she chose which outfit she wanted.  Such a girl!  :)  Then we took her to Toys R Us.  Gracie had a gift card and oh my gosh, she was in complete heaven.  I don't think I have ever seen her like that before.  She was just out of control.  She couldn't stop long enough to look at anything because she kept finding something better.  Finally, after about 2 hours, Levi and I picked out an MP3 player for her because she always wants to listen to Levi's i-pod with him.  She's loving having her own music and has been rocking out to Shane and Shane and Matt Maher. Anyways, she had a wonderful weekend and now we are going over to my parents so she can get spoiled more.  My mom has a whole dinner menu planned around Gracie's favorite foods.  Pretty sure my mom didn't do that for me when I was little...hmmm...

All about Grace:
-Favorite food is rice (such a true Asian).
-Counts to 15, sometimes leaves out the number 2.
-Has mommy's OCD (colored pencils have to be facing same direction, blocks have to be neatly lined up...)
-Favorite colors are purple and green.
-Knows her colors and can even specify if the color is light and dark.
-Gracie has the most amazing vocab and langauge skills.  Even questions that only require a simple yes or no, she will respond in a full sentence.  I'll ask her if she wants a drink and she'll respond, "No mommy, I don't want a drink right now. Later."
-Completely adores her brother.
-100%, without a doubt, Daddy's Girl.  She could care less about mom if daddy is around.  :(
-Loves art projects (watercolors, coloring, play-doh)
-Loves, loves, loves to read.  Reading is the only successful way that I know of that can keep her sitting still for long periods of time.  Needless to say, we read alot!  Her favorite books are the Biscuit series and Knuffle Bunny.
-Always wanting to help mommy bake and daddy cook.
-Has a shoe fetish.  No, I'm serious.  I put her down for a nap and when I check on her I find that she has put a pair of shoes on and fallen asleep.  Gracie tries on shoes constantly throughout the day and models them for me.  Of all the presents she got for her birthday, she's played with her new shoes the most.
-Obsessed with sippy cups, especially ones that aren't hers.  She'll walk around with an arm load of cups collecting all her friend's and cousin's.
-Has this crazy obsession of needing to hold a "baby" (small) object and "daddy" (large) object.  For example: she'll walk around the house with Noah's shoe and my shoe.  (Yes, I usually freak out because shoes are dirty and have germs).  Another example is a baby crayon (small, broken piece) and a daddy crayon (large, fat crayon). She just has to walk around the house with them in her hands or wants to watch a movie with a baby and daddy thing in her hands.  Letting her hold a baby and daddy shoe was the only way I was able to get her to sit on the toilet long enough to go the bathroom.  It's quite odd but very much a Grace thing and I don't want to forget this little quirk!
-Has to fall asleep with her "purple" baby and an old CD of Daddy signing.  If we forget either one of those things there will be no sleep!
-In church she sings with her hands raised high praising God.  Makes the tears come everytime!
-Has a sweet tooth which her "mamas" (my mom) created.
-Most common sentence I hear from Grace throughout the day, "What's that sound????"  Quite the curious thing!
-Thinks everything that is in Popo and Mama's house is Gracie's.  Calls the cabin Gracie's cabin.
-Favorite songs to sing: ABC's (complete with hand guestures), Barney's I Love You, Shane and Shane's Psalm 13, and Your Grace is Enough.  She has even composed her own song called, "Where is Daddy".

3 comments:

SloneFamily said...

Loved this Ash! I can't believe she is 2. I can't belive how the time is passing and how we all started out with these tiny things and now have toddlers..... and eh em, KIDS! I will soon have a 4 year old which I think classifies her as a..... KID! Waaaaaaaaa :(

I want to see Gracie more, I know I would just love her and that cutsie pesronality!

Megan Swiatkowski said...

I just can't believe she's 2!!!

We love her so much. She is such a sweet, spunky, joyful spirit. You and Levi are raising such a wonderful little girl and we are thankful that we get to be a part of her life.

Happy Birthday sweet Grace.

Unknown said...

What a sweet sweet girl!