Our little Noah is coming April 19th! This little stinker is breech and has gotten the cord wrapped around his neck so we don't want to take any chances, he will be delivered by c-section in 2 weeks! For the past few weeks I've been doing every crazy, exercise/position possible to try and get this baby to flip. My favorite was laying upside down off the couch with a bag of frozen veggies on the top of my belly and a flashlight shining on my lower belly. (They say the baby will move away from the cold and move towards the light...yeah right!) This definitely didn't work but did succeed in making me incredibly sick and making my husband think I was crazy. If, by God's grace Noah flips himself then I would be so happy! Maybe this sounds a little weird but there was something so special about delivering Gracie how God created us women to, I am a little disappointed about not being able to do it again. But I've been spending the last 2 days thinking of all the positives of a c-section, here's what I've got (thanks Meg for helping me with this):
- A lot less bleeding because they suck a lot of it out of you on the surgery table!
- I'm guessing no hemorrhoids... I got those SO bad with Gracie it was horrible and took FOREVER to go away!
- I can have the house clean, bags packed, Gracie taken to my parents and the dogs figured out since I won't be spontaneously going into labor!
- I'm a planner, this is a set date. Levi can plan his three week leave from school around this too! (God likes to change my plans a lot though! His way always ends up better but sometimes it takes a while for me to see the "better".)
- My doctor is one of the top docs in the valley for high risk, emergency c-sections so I think I'm in good hands!
- I can lay in a bed for 3 days and I"m not allowed to do the dishes, vacuum, cook dinner or do laundry!
- How could I forget, no labor pains! Granted the after pains are going to be a lot worse...
Ok, I think that's all I've got... Anyone else wanna add one?
Our little Gracie is doing awesome. She is such a smart little thing which she gets from her daddy. She can now count to 10, knows her colors and sings her favorite Barney songs all day long! Oh, Barney how I love you and hate you!
As of April 17th, I will be a full time stay-at-home mommy! YAY! Who would have thought that Levi getting laid off work would open up a door for him to go back to school and me to stay home? Isn't God so amazing? I have been praying about taking a few kids for daycare and think I already have one little boy starting in May/June. He and Gracie are the same age, it'll be so great for her to have a playmate and I'd love to start doing some "preschool" lessons each day.
Levi just is working like a maniac and going to school at UTI. He is excited about his new career path and I love the fact that he is learning how to fix most of our car problems and is so motivated. Goodbye costly car mechanics and labor fees!
Anyways, regardless of what trials come our way, God is good and he will see us through them as he always has!
Leaving with a few recent pics...
.jpg)




8 comments:
I'm so glad you're back to blogging! I love all the pictures. : ) You forgot the fact that little Noah will come out safely and healthy!! Not worth taking the risk with the cord around his neck. Glad you're back.
So glad you updated your blog! It is hard to find time but so worth it when you look back!
I was faced with the same thing during the birth of my twins. I was planning on having a natural delivery (like I've done twice before) but at 30 weeks one baby flipped breech. I was just devasted. I DID NOT want a c-section. Recovery is harder (so I've heard)and I didn't want to have to deal with the recovery during an already hard time adjusting to 2 new babies!
I never did any fancy postions, although it might have helped. My water broke at 34 weeks and what do you know? The baby flipped and I was able to deliver 2 babies natural! Just like I planned!
That is scary though that the cord is around his neck. He may just not be able to move??
Good luck!
good to see your back in the blogging world!! i've been praying for you and noah and will still pray that things change for you. i just keep faith in that whatever does happen, happens for a reason. i know you know this, but it's good to be reminded. i am glad that you will get to stay home with the kids and not have to worry about working in the outside world.....yuck!!! i'm praying that something will change for us and i won't have to go back either. God bless you guys!!!
I am so glad you updated your blog!!! I have been checking your blog periodically, I love the picturtes! You have a beautiful family :) By the way this is sherra, you should check out my blog, we can keep in touch.
I am such a nerd. Like I have to state the obvious. I forgot my posts already show my name ;-)
Hey! I just wrote on your facebook - your blog answered my question. Parker was breech too! (stubborn little ones). Seriously worse than recovery after surgery was the external version where the doc tried to turn him. It seems like you won't be going through that! Thank goodness!... So I ended up having to have a scheduled c-section. And you have a great list! It is so nice to have everything prepared before you leave to the hospital. You can even shower and get ready before too! It's amazing how quickly the surger is. I walked into the O.R. room at 7:30 (didn't have a spinal tap yet) and Parker was born at 7:54.
Everything will go great for you and Baby Noah!
I hope that he flips, but if he doesn't the most important thing is that both you and the baby will be healthy. It doesn't matter how he gets here. Just that he's here and healthy:) It will work out:)
Hello The Stockton Family! Noah is just a cute little baby! Grace looks very excited to be a big sister. keep in touch! Mallory
Post a Comment