Friday, April 10, 2009

When will it end?!

When will the drooling end?! Has anyone else ever had a really drooly baby? Gracie's drooling is so bad that she has a horrible rash on her chin and neck that will not go away. I've put everything imaginable on it, I even tried a medicated cream from the doc! But still no luck. She has to wear bibs 24/7 and I'm changing them every 1-2 hours! Can you imagine how many bibs that requires? I'm doing laundry every 2 days just for her bibs! I hate seeing that uncomfortable ichy rash on her, especially when she's tearing away at it. The bibs also cover up her cute outfits (superficial, I know). She is also to the point now where she takes the bibs off herself and it's a fight to put them back on and keep them on. I know I just have to wait the drooling stage out but when will it end? Has anyone else had a baby like this? How long did this stage last?

5 comments:

SloneFamily said...

I am surprised she is still drooling so much! Have her teeth broken thru?? I didn't have drooly kids too much, but I would just use Straight Cornstarch if you have not tried it yet. Good Luck :)

Megan Swiatkowski said...

Poor Gracie. I wish I had some good advice for ya. Savannah wasn't too drooly. I'm sure one day you'll wake up and realize she's not drooling anymore. It seems like those things always happen overnight. At least you have cute bibs for her!!!!

Matt and Hilary said...

Poor Grace! I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you... that is so sad that it is giving her a little rash! I agree with Aly, maybe try some cornstarch.

Unknown said...

Oh man! Neither of my kids hardly drooled at all--sorry, no advise here! That is a ton of laundry though!

Chelsey Howard said...

Sorry:( that's so sad about her rash:( My daughter get's like that from sucking her finger too much (bad habit we are trying to break). I don't know what to tell ya:( Sorry I'm no help, but I hope it's over soon.