Monday, October 13, 2008

reminiscing....then a beautiful weekend

We had a pretty busy week wnd weekend. On Friday, I was the maid of honor in my friend Kim's wedding. It was beautiful and so fun to watch. I enjoyed being a part of the wedding and not being the bride, no stress except for the speech. Kim has been my friend since 5th grade and it was so weird for me to see her get married. She looked beautiful and her husband Chris was in awe. Watching their wedding brought back memories of my own. I can't believe that it's been a year and a half! It's a little sad that times goes by so fast. Within a year and a half my life has taken a totally different spin. It has all been for the good. I still am so in love with Levi but it's deeper, stronger. A different kind than the honeymoon, googly eyed kind. I love him for going out of his way to see his grandma when we'd both rather be taking a nap at home. I love him for being such a devoted dad and giving up that poker game on a Friday night to stay home with his baby. And I love him for making me feel beautiful when really I am covered in stretch marks and can't fit into my prepregnancy jeans yet. Those are just a few reasons....

Okay enough of this mushy business.... We had another beautiful weekend. It's because of this amazing weather. Saturday morning Levi woke up and had this great idea to walk to Joe's Farm Grill. We got Gracie all bundled up and took the dogs and off we went. I love walking around in Agritopia, it has such a fun feel, like you're not in Arizona but somewhere in the east coast. After breakfast we went and bought plants for our backyard. I was so excited because we bought a lemon tree. Free lemons for everyone! Levi name the tree Lenny. On Sunday, we went to church and to visit Levi's grandma. He's such a good grandson. Then we went to my parent's house to be lazy and watch them, once again, just love on Grace. They're so funny. You'll see a picture of them fussing over her. That was literally what it looked like the whole time we were there. It was another great weekend for the Stocktons!

I can't believe Grace is 7 weeks old today. Wow time flies!


My family loving Grace.


Such a little princess



Bundled up and ready to go for a walk.


Walking through Joe's garden. It was really pretty.



At Joe's. It was pretty cold!


Gracie found her thumb. She gets so mad when she looses it and can't find it again. Thank goodness for Soothies!



Roxy just adores Gracie. She has to be where Grace is.

5 comments:

Jenna said...

That all sounds like so much fun! I can't believe Gracie is 7 weeks, that is just crazy. It makes me sad that all of us don't get together as much anymore. Hopefully we can soon. I love the pic of your dog and Grace, that is so cute! What a good big brother watching out for her! And I've seen that Joe's place and always thought it looked good, do you guys go there alot?!

Megan Swiatkowski said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the new pics. of beautiful Grace. She is so stinkin' adorable I can't get over it. And there's no way that she is already 7 weeks. That's crazy. That little skirt is the cutest thing I have ever seen. She looks so grown up in it. I'm jealous of your relaxing weekend- we'll have to do something fun this weekend- if it doesn't warm up too much. Levi is such a great daddy. Lunch was fun today!!

SloneFamily said...

Oh My Gosh Grace is growing up so fast. We need to get together. How about Thursday night??? That is hilarious your whole family ooing over Grace... I have never seen your Dad so happy in my whole life that at the PC party with Grace. I am glad Kim's wedding went well, I cant wait to hear all of the details :) :)! Call Me!

Anonymous said...

7 weeks?! crazy- no way. wow time do fly! :) Brandon looks really happy with his new niece. Thats good. :) I loved the dog picture with grace, that was too cute. Grace looked good in her skirt.. i find it cute that you put big hairbows on her head, its really cute.. its great cuz you can get away with it until they are like two then they develop their own fashion sense! :)

Crandell Fam said...

I found your blog through Megan and it's been so fun reading it! :) Your baby is beautiful, and I'm so sorry you have to leave her next week--I truly feel your pain. Gracie is gorgeous!