My husband thinks I'm obsessed, he think's I have OCD about a lot of things and he's right, but thinks my obsession about locking doors is the worst. First, I have to explain where this behavior stems from. When my parents first got married, a crazy man came into their condo with a gun and threatened to shoot them if they didn't do what he says. (We think he was going to try and rape my mom because there was a serial rapist going around the same time this happened) Luckily, my dad the hero refused to cooperate with the guy. Back then they didn't have 911, you actually had to call a 7 digit number to get through to the police station. My mom couldn't think of the number so she called my grandparents. She couldn't talk to them because the guy would have noticed so she just left the phone off the hook. My grandparents could hear something was really wrong so they called the police and my grandpa headed over with a shotgun. (kinda funny if you know my grandpa) The guy heard the police sirens and got spooked and took off. Unfortunately the police never caught him. Well, my parents never totally got over that experience and needless to say, it was pounded into my brain as a child that whenever you open or close a door you MUST lock it. I remember being grounded for leaving the house and forgetting to lock the door. I thought I had the craziest parents alive! Anyways, now whenever I go in or out, I lock the door behind me. Well, sometimes I lock the door behind me without remembering my keys....Levi was thrilled about that. :) But what usually happens is that I will come in from our backyard while Levi is still outside and lock the door. Actually that happens quite frequently. He thinks I'm a little crazy. Now that it's starting to to get cooler at night Levi wants to sleep with the windows open. That was a big NO-NO in my parents house. I couldn't believe Levi would even suggest to leave the windows open while we slept. How dangerous! We got into a little nice argument and fortunately I won, or else I wouldn't have been able to sleep, but he still thinks I have issues... :) I have a feeling this is not over yet. So what do you think?
Am I really crazy? Do you sleep with your windows open at night? Do I need to break this obession with locking the door what was pounded into me as a kid? Hmmmm... I don't think Levi is going to let me ground Gracie for not locking the door.
On a brighter note, Clancy (Levi's brother) and Missy's wedding was this weekend. It was in a beautiful backyard and the weather was perfect. We had fun. I even got Levi out on the dance floor. Go me!

This is one of our rare family photos. I always forget to get family pics.

I love my sister Carolyn and her beautiful baby. They're the best.

Another rare photo. I'm always the one taking pics so there are few of mommy and Grace.
We decided to go with a western theme. I'm wearing my red cowboy boots and Levi is all cowboy'd out.

It got so cold at the end. Gracie was pretty content all night.
Gracie with her great-grandpa. She loved him and wouldn't stop smiling.
My little girl is getting big!
Gracie and her aunt bug.
5 comments:
I do not think you are crazy! I will be in my bed almost asleep, and go down to double check, and even triple check if my doors are locked! I am so paranoid about it, so I don't think you are crazy
This blog made me laugh out loud. You are SO NOT CRAZY! Man, my family has always been the exact same way. Thankfully, we have never had a bad experience like the one your parents had but my dad is the king of locking all doors! He'll be in the garage working on something and have the door that leads into the house from the garage, the one that is about 5-10 feet away from him, and in eyesight at all times...LOCKED! We'll be having a family party, people coming and going and guess what the front door will be...LOCKED! BUT, it's true that we turn out just like our parents because I am the exact same way. Every morning after Josh leaves for work, even though I ask him while I'm lying in bed if he locked the doors, I get up and check all the doors. Then I turn the alarm on, with the motion sensors and all. So I'm just as much of a crazy as you! But I think better safe than sorry. No harm in locking those doors. Keep it up, I'm sticking up for you on this one! Miss you!
I dont think you are crazy. I lock my doors all the time. I had a worst obession when i was living alone in Cali- But again i had a bad experience with not locking doors. someone broke into my apt because i forgot to lock the back door. ever since i had been obsessed with locking doors. I think Levi is crazy to sleep with the windows open- whats wrong with a fan? it does the same job as a window but its more safer. good luck! i love your new photos with Grace and Levi-
I am glad to know that I am NOT the only "crazy" one! I am the same way--especially in my ghetto neighborhood! It would be cheaper to just open windows--but not worth the scare! I am like Bonnie and I arm my alarm all the time!! We also have a chain on our door and I use that too!
I'm going to have to agree with everyone on this one and say that you are not crazy!! I am the exact same way about locking doors. Every time Paul comes in or out, I am right behind him locking the doors. I have to be the last one at night to check every single door to make sure that both locks on each door are locked and I can't sleep if I don't know for certain that they are. Better safe than sorry I think!!! Even if our husbands think we're crazy.
Post a Comment