Saturday, August 30, 2008

Grace is here!

Gracie is finally here! She is so beautiful. She was born on August 25th at 2:30pm. After all the worry from doctors that she was going to be a small baby, she surprised us all by weighing 7lbs 15oz! It must have been from all that extra cooking time! I was scheduled for an indcution on the 25th but when I woke up to go to the hospital I found I was already starting labor on my own. It was such an answer to prayer because I really didn't want to be induced. The labor was exteremly painful but it's amazing how you forget the feeling! I also lucked out because she came so fast, the doctor barely got there in time. Levi and I are both just so in awe of her. We never want to put her down and sometimes fight over who gets to hold her. I usually win because I have the food. Levi is already asking me when I'll start pumping so he can feed her...he's a little jealous. She such a easy baby... so far. I know that could easily change but we rarely hear her cry. She is very content and alert. It is such an amazing feeling to know she is mine. I never knew it was possible to love this much. It's amazing how God lets us experience this type of unconditional love, the way he loves us.

Proud Daddy




Grace and cousin Julia


First trip out....going to the doctor





She has these cute accidental smiles, they're hard to get on camera though.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your precious new baby! Being a mommy is the best calling in the whole wide world!

Bonnie said...

Yea! I'm so happy she finally is here! Congratulations, really what a little blessing. She's just perfect Ashley!

Megan Swiatkowski said...

She is just too adorable and such a sweet little baby!! I can't wait to see her again. :)

Jenna said...

She is absolutely adorable! I'm so glad you had a good labor and she came fast, that's the best! I am dying to come see her! If you guys aren't too busy next week, I'd love to make you guys dinner and come see her if that's okay! Let me know a good night! She is beautiful! Congrats!

SloneFamily said...

Oh Ash, She is absolutely gorgeous. I want to come and cuddle her again. Maybe I will come by this week ;) You guys are great parents and Grace is so lucky! She is a beautiful mix of you two!

Anonymous said...

I love those pictures of you and Levi with Gracie. Just adorable. I love your background.
I will constantly update my blog when I got the time-
Smile
Keep in touch!
Mallory