Friday, May 14, 2010

Saved by Grace!

This morning my little girl decided to wake up at 5:30. ughhh...
Fighting to keep my eyes open and to hide the frustration I was feeling from getting little sleep, I put on my cheeriest face possible and went to greet her, who was crying hysterically at the door. (Sleeping for naps and nighttime has started to become a huge fight with her, leaving us both traumatized...she WAS doing so good!) I poured her a sippy cup of milk which she was begging for and brought her back to bed with me. How thrilled was I when she feel back asleep after chugging her milk! This NEVER happens! After she woke up again she turned over to her daddy's dresser grabbed his Bible and took it out the family room. Certain I was going to walk out and see her ripping the pages out, my heart was melted when I saw her sitting on her Elmo chair, trying to read it. I asked her what she was doing and she said "read Jesus". I was so surprised that she even put the 2 words Bible and Jesus together! We pray and talk about Jesus but I have never read the Bible to her because I thought she was too young to understand anything about it. I was wrong! I went and got her the Bible we bought for her last Christmas and started reading to her. She got very upset and told me I need to go away and read MY Bible. Wow, my own daughter is telling me I need to spend more time in the Word! Funny thing is, it's really been bothering me that I haven't been making time to read! I ask God to give me this and provide money for that, but I'm hardly ever even picking up the Bible to just spend time with him! I was even complaining to my sister-in-law about it yesterday, saying that there is no time and that Gracie will never just let me sit there and read! Funny how God answers our prayers and provides a way! Anyways, Gracie and I sat there, each with our own Bible, occasionally talking about a Bible story, but most importantly filling up on God's word (and examining the pictures from her Veggie Tale Bible). Just another day of being Saved by Grace!
My sweet, easy-going boy turned 1 month old as of yesterday. He is getting chubbier by the second. He now will smile at me and tries to grab for toys on his bouncer. I love watching his precious hands unsteadily bat at the toys as he tries so hard to concentrate. He LOVES to eat but I think I have finally got him to every 3 hours. Yay for me! He sleeps well at night, only wakes up to eat and goes right back to sleep. He is a momma's boy! When Gracie was little she didn't care who held her as long as someone was entertaining her or walking around with her...no sitting! When Noah does gets upset (rare) he just wants his mommy! Yes, it warms my heart. I pretend to feel sorry for Levi when he can't calm him but secretly I'm thrilled! Don't feel too bad for Levi, Gracie only has eyes for her daddy! I'm loving being home with them knowing I'm not going to have to leave them when maternity leave ends. Yes, we've had to make some (well many) sacrifices for me to be home but it is SO worth it!
I just adore this little man!
My little gymnast. Once Levi graduates it will be so nice to get her in dance or gym!

Like father, like son. Both LOVE to sleep.

Gracie with her beautiful Aunt Buggie!

Noah loves his bouncer but hates his swing!

Noah and his "mamas". Gracie couldn't say the word "grandma" so it turned into "mamas" and has stuck.

1 comment:

Chelsey Howard said...

That is so cute! I'm always thinking the same thing, that I never have time to read scruptures. Then I think about it, and I realize I watched tv, so I did have time, but chose something else instead. AGH! Its hard, but so important. That is so awesome that Grace is already picking up on that stuff. I hope my kids are. Love the pictures.