Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 1...

Today is the first day since Noah's birth that Levi went back to school. For the next 9 months I am pretty much a single mom. I don't know who it's going to be harder for me, Levi or Grace. Noah doesn't care much who is around and as long as he's got food and shoulder to sleep on! Gracie is just such a daddy's girl I'm not sure how she's going to handle not seeing him everyday!

So day 1 went really good until about 12:30. 12:30 was naptime for Grace and she decided she didn't want a nap today. But for my sanity, I needed her to nap! After an hour and a half of crying (both her and I) and some spankings (yes, I do spank my child) she is finally asleep in her bed. Now I can't wait for her to wake up so I can kiss her and tell her I love her. Disciple is so hard but I know it is so necessary. Is disciple harder for the parent or child? I don't know.

Noah is a wonderful baby. He is so sweet and overall really easy. We all adore him. He will be a month old on Thursday! Wow, time flies! It's crazy how much I love both Grace and Noah. It's hard to believe I had that much room in my heart to love this much!

1 comment:

Chelsey Howard said...

Disipline is soooo hard. I hate doing it, and yet I know its gotta be done or I'll have the brattiest kids. I went through the same thing with Shea after I had Lilly. Shea refused to take naps and would scream and throw huge fits and evetually wake up the baby. So I would put her in bed with books to read. If she got out of bed she would loose the books. I would usually find her asleep on top of all the books.