Friday, February 6, 2009

No you can't finish your coffee!

It is the saddest and hardest thing for a parent to see their precious baby be so sick! Gracie has been sick the past few days and it just breaks my heart! I hate that she can't tell me where it hurt and I can't make it better. I can't imagine what it would feel like to have your nose COMPLETELY stuffed up and not be able to blow it out! How miserable! Even through the sore throat, wheezing, difficulty eating and stuffy nose she still manages to smile that sweet little smile and laugh at mommy's jokes. Poor Levi, it's 9 o'clock at night and I just decided, on an impulse, that Gracie needs a humidifier and now! We can't wait til tomorrow, and no he can't finish his coffee before he goes, he needs to go RIGHT now and get her one before her nose gets worse, hurry Levi! Levi looks at me like I'm crazy but eventually drags his feet to the car, silently complaining. I know, poor Levi. But he did ask me to marry him so he must have known what he was getting himself into right?!
Here's some pics when Grace was feeling better:
Gracie was cheering on the Cardinals. Maybe next year.... We LOVE Kurt Warner.
My beautiful little sis before her first dance.
Gracie with her cousin Savannah.
Grace LOVES her great grandpa. We call him "Old Grandpa".
Grace was cheering her grandma on at the finish line when she walked the half marathon.

7 comments:

Jenna said...

That is the worst when they are sick! I hope the humidifier helps and she feels better soon! She is getting so big and cuter by the second! Hopefully I'll see you guys soon!

Chelsey Howard said...

LOL:) That is so funny!! I did the same thing the other night, except I was the one who went to the store:) I'm glad she's feeling better now:)

Anonymous said...

aww.. I am glad to hear Grace is doing better.. at first you scared me, i thought it was something serious with Grace.. but whew it was just a cold. I am glad to hear she is doing better and cheering the cardinals on.. :) and i added a other comment replying to the comment you left me the other day, make sure you read it. :) keep in touch. Mal Ps Brandon looks good. and i am glad your mom did good with the half marathon :) its weird seeing your baby sibling growing up.. my baby brother hes all grown up.. hes fixing up his mustang he bought (1961) and so into being a model student at his school.. hes in student council and playing all sports out there and getting straight As.. its so strange.. hes going to be a junior this fall.. I am getting tear eyed just writing this- your little sister looks soo good! :)

SloneFamily said...

Thank goodness for pictures ...finally! As if you have nothing else to do right?? I am dying laughing at you, because I can completely imagine the facial expressions of that convo and the tone and everything...hilarious! It's reassuring to know there is someone as hyper as me out there in this world!

Unknown said...

Poor baby! Hope she gets back to feeling normal! EVERYONE is sick right now! Horrible season!

Megan Swiatkowski said...

I'm glad Gracie is feeling better and that she didn't get as sick as Savannah. Levi is such a good daddy and husband, always taking care of his girls. I love Gracie looking at Kurt, poor Kurt! That picture of Gracie and Savannah is really cute. :)

Erin and Donny said...

Hey it's Erin Grace!! I ran into Megan, talked about blogging, then found yours online!! I've been wanting to get ahold of you. Email me your email address to doyouwear2sox@hotmail.com. Good to see pictures of the family!!! (I've already added your blog to my list fo favs;)