Monday, January 3, 2011

Another Christmas, come and gone!

We had an amazing Christmas this year!  The greatest gift of all for me?  Levi not having school for 10 days!  It was amazing!  We spent Christmas Eve with Levi's family.  It was such a nice, relaxing time.  One of my favorite things that we do is the white elephant swap.  It's so fun getting all competitive-like and trying to snag the best gift in the midst of other, well, junk!  For the last 2 years Levi and I have gotten in a stealfest with Clancy and Missy.  Last year they outsmarted us and won, this year we used their brilliant strategy and took home the gold (not really gold)!  Hmmm, I think we have it coming next year!  Gracie had so much fun being spoiled and playing with her cousins.  Noah, on the other hand, just wanted mommy!

On Christmas we woke up, opened our stocking stuffers then drove up to the cabin to spend the rest of the weekend with my family.  It was perfect!  This was the first year that we went to the cabin for Christmas and I'm hoping that this will be the start of a tradition.  Gracie loves the cabin and calls it "Gracie's cabin".  Noah enjoyed all the attention and was quite comfortable with anyone holding him.  What a change!

It's the start of a new year and I'm excited to see everything that 2011 has in store!  Levi will be finished with his program in February but is trying to get into a competitive elective course.  If he gets into the course he will be in school til May.  Our prayer is that God direct Levi's path, whether it's the elective course or a job offer he can't turn down! 

This morning I was sitting on the couch watching the kids play with each other and listen to their squeals of laughter as Gracie ran up and down the hall and Noah crawled as fast as his little body allowed to catch up with her.  I love that they love each other and enjoy one another so much!  I am so blessed and love them so much.  I wouldn't want to be anywhere but here!

Happy New Year!

My two most important men!  How handsome are they?!

I love the expression on Noah's face!

Daddy and his girl.

Oh how I love my family!



Grace, on the other hand, LOVED Santa this year.


Noah got a super cool truck that he can ride!

My grandparents are wonderful and so supportive!  They just adore Grace and Noah.


My parents surprised Levi with a serious toolbox!  He's the real deal now!  :)


Opening presents Christmas morning.  I think that was my favorite part of Christmas.  Just being with my little family!


Noah loves the guitar.  When Levi gets it out, Noah dives for it!

Out for a walk at the cabin!

Gracie had fun bundling up with all of Mamas stuff.  Kinda like a game of dress up!

I don't know if you can tell but Grace has her socks on her hands and her gloves on her feet.  That is how she walked around the house for at least a hour.

2 comments:

Megan Swiatkowski said...

Love all the pictures. Could your kids be any cuter? I think not.
I totally agree, my favorite part of Christmas was having my own little family gathered around our tree.
I'm so glad that Levi had some time off. He is going to be done sooner than you can imagine. I know whatever happens when he graduates will be the right path for you guys. I'm so proud of Levi and you for sticking it out and doing what will be so beneficial to your family in the long wrong!

Rachel said...

I can't believe how big your little Noah is! What a cutie! And Gracie is adorable! I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas!