Monday, July 19, 2010

Hope in Christ

To you, O Lord, I lift my soul
In you, O God, I place my trust
Do not let me be put to shame
Nor let my enemies triumph over me
My hope is in you
Show me your ways
Guide me in Truth
In all my days
My hope is in you
I am, O Lord, filled with your love
You are, O God, my salvation
Guard my life and rescue me
My broken spirit shouts
My mended heart cries out...
Sometimes I let the worries of life and the day to day drudgery get to me. Today as I began to stress about things beyond my control, I found myself singing the song above. I wasn't really thinking much about it, just figured it was the song of the day that randomly got stuck in my head, as one usually does! It wasn't until I sat down, after the kids had gone to bed, that I actually started to think about the words. How perfect for that song to come to mind today. I'd like to think that it was God signing over me all day. And in a very loving way, asking me, "What are you placing your hope in?" Because if my hope is in the things of this world, then I have every reason to worry. But if I place my hope in Christ, what is there to fear? "Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles." (Is 40:31) There is something so freeing about giving it all up to God. Letting him take all the burdens and worries and knowing it is out of my hands. He has given me so much and continues to answer all my prayers. He provides and has never left me needed anything.
So, I once again place my hope in Christ and trust in his promises.

1 comment:

sherra said...

I love that song! Have you ever the heard the footprints poem? Ashley you are such an amazing person. I have had many of those days where I feel like I am at my limit and feel my blood begin to boil...I know the only reason I get to that point is because I haven't allowed my savior to carry me. It is so comforting to know that christ has suffered all even the pain we as mom's have to endure and he will strengthen us at our weakest moments if we only just open the door of our souls to him and allow him to heal our hearts. He is what has gotten me through some very tough times in my life, I feel so at peace knowing that he is always there encircling me in his arms, calming my fears and lifting my burdens.

Love you Ash