Sunday, November 30, 2008

Successful Black Friday and Thanksgiving pictures...

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I did. We ate and ate and ate. And when we didn't think we could eat anymore, we ate. This was Gracie's first Thanksgiving and it was a lot of fun! She got to meet her aunt, uncle and cousins from Hawaii and some other relatives for the first time. I just love showing her off. I am that pathetic proud mommy. I think that I think more about what outfit she wears than my own! Oh well.

I also had some great success on black friday! My mom, dad, Megan and I decided to brave it and get up early for the shopping frenzy. Unfortunately we did not see any funny fights. We got to Target right when it opened. The line was INSANE. It wrapped around the entire building. Megan needed an important present for someone and I really wanted the camera advertised. By looking at the line, I thought there was no way we would get them. But we did because we are awesome and made friends with Jared (or was his name Frank?) Poor Jared didn't know what hit him from behind that electronics counter. But we left with excatly what we wanted and feeling pretty proud of ourselves. But the greatest buy was at the mall. The wonderful store of Dillards decided they were going to mark down some of their Lucky jeans to $29.99. But there was a glitch in the computer and ALL of their Lucky jeans were ringing up at $29.99. I think if you added up my parent's, mine and Megan's bags we bought about 20 pairs of jeans. My hubby looks hot in his new jeans! I never thought I could get him to wear Lucky's! And I actually feel cool in my new jeans. All of you that know me, know I have an obsession with jeans. An EXPENSIVE jean obsession. Ever since we got married I have not let myself buy the expensive jeans that I so desire! I experiences a great thrill buying jeans that I love but for so stinking cheap! Anyways, got a lot of other Christmas shopping done too so it was a really good day!


Best friends


Uncle Htoo and his family came to visit from Hawaii. Gracie loved him.


Gracie loves her bath time!


My little chunk!




Maybe our Christmas card photo...


I really have a wonderful family. I am so thankful for them all!


A four generation picture.


My sis is the best aunt. Gracie just loves her. I think sometimes Grace thinks she's me.



Oh yeah, can you believe Gracie is already 3 months old?! I wish I could slow down the clock a little bit. It's going way too fast!

4 comments:

SloneFamily said...

Wow, I cannot believe Gracie is getting so old. She is absolutely beautiful Ashley. It is so sad that we are all kind of losing touch :( We need to get together. Good Job to you and Megs for tackling Target, you're brave! I went to Bass Pro Shop and that was it, but it was not bad at all. Talk to you soon. Your family is beautiful.

Megan Swiatkowski said...

Your pictures are too cute! I love the first one of the girls in their bumbos. I'm jealous of your cute family photo- we really need to get on our Christmas card photo if we plan on having one this year. And WOOHOO for LUCKY Jeans!!! We are so cool, and our husbands are SO in style! :) :)

Anonymous said...

Adorable Blog. :) I cant wait to see christmas one! Tell your mom to keep a eye out for a christmas card from Me and Gene. I plan to send it out to few people we care for. :) Grace looks healthy and thats great news! :) You actually survived three months.. I'm sure you can survive the next 17 years with God's help of course. and CONGRATS with the Black Friday's shopping.. I didn't go due to no money, darn the paychecks coming on the First of the month! :( I am so jealous about the lucky jeans.. I have obsession with jeans too.. my mom just forced me to get rid of some jeans. :(

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good deal at Target! I usually never go shopping on black Friday-- but this year I decided to! I went to WalMart at 4am and it was insane there!

I love the last picture of Gracie's sweet little smile!